The ACT/SAT Test Prep courses will include a review of basic grammar/style and math topics that appear on the ACT and SAT. A major component is time management and pacing strategies to maximize scores.
Kate Dalby of INSPIRING Test Preparation teaches combined Accelerated ACT/SAT Test Prep classes throughout the year: Classes are scheduled to start in January for the February ACT and March SAT, April for June SAT and ACT, July for August SAT/September ACT, and August for the August SAT/September ACT. Custom classes can be scheduled for small groups (minimum five students).
What is an Accelerated Course? This is a fast-paced class for high scorers. (650 or better (P)SAT math/29+ACT math with other scores comparable.) The recent changes in the SAT make it easier to design a combined course. Generally the first half of the course covers the ACT and the second half covers the SAT with minor adjustments made for test dates. For recent results see this blog.
August 2017 SAT/ACT Test Prep Class
Meeting Dates & Times
Class requires a 3-hour ACT diagnostic. Class sessions are two hours. Testing sessions are three hours.
We will start with an ACT diagnostic, taken by appointment before the first ACT instructional class. Click here to book or call 703-203-5796 to schedule.
- Monday, August 7, 2017 at 3:00pm ACT Class #1
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 3:00pm ACT Test
- Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 3:00pm ACT Class #2
- Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 3:00pm ACT Test
- Monday, August 14, 2017 at 3:00pm ACT Class #3
- Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 3:00pm SAT Test
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 3:00pm SAT Class #1
- Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 3:00pm SAT Test
- Monday, August 21, 2017 at 3:00pm SAT Class #2
- Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 3:00pm SAT Test
- Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 3:00pm SAT Class #3
- Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 3:00pm SAT Test Optional
Students are encouraged to take an extra ACT test before the September ACT but after the August SAT in order to refresh the unique ACT pacing skills.
Make-ups: $100/hour fee for private make-up for missed class. No fee to make up missed test. The sooner we know a session will be missed, the easier it is to schedule the make-up. $150/hour for additional one-on-one tutoring.
Register Now & Pay Later
If you wish to pre-register for a class and pay later (see rebate schedule), you may do so with this understanding: you must either pay in full one month before the class begins or as soon as the class fills up, which ever comes first. You will be contacted when the class fills and you can decide whether to commit. There is no cost to pre-register and no obligation.
Call Kate at 703-203-5796 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call, email, or click here to schedule the diagnostic test.