Is your lack of geometry hurting you on high school admissions tests?
Take our four-day crash course to review essential elements for tests such as the SSAT, TJ admissions, HSPT, and ISEE.
Homework sets included to reinforce class instruction.
Class is 7-9pm Monday through Thursday, August 14-17.
Instructor: Caroline Hesse
To see the course description or to register click here.
Take advantage of this early start on TJ prep and get the same course as offered in the fall at the discounted price of $850. That’s a savings of over $100! Class meets for 3 weeks in July 2017, Monday through Thursday, the 10th to 26th.
- You start with a free, no-obligation at home math diagnostic to determine if a class is the right way to go.
- After a phone or in-person consultation you can sign up for the course.
- Then the student comes to take a 2-hour proctored TJ test with math and verbal components. The sooner that test is taken the sooner we know that the class is the best fit.
- We meet for the first class on July 10th to review the test and begin the process of optimizing your application through improving math, verbal, and essay skills.
Visit the TJ Course page for more details on this comprehensive review.
Summer 2017 Writing Camp
Going to camp is always fun, even if you aren’t the outdoorsy type. Your son or daughter will find the same can be true with Inspiring’s Writing Camp this summer. Whether students enjoy writing or don’t, our instructor has a series of activities that will get them to enjoy finding apt words, creating engaging prose, and organizing for effect.
Cathy Colglazier, former English chair at McLean HS and TJHSST, will lead students for 3 hours each day in creative non-fiction projects. Often the class will visit locations around McLean for inspiration as well as read short articles and stories that provide good models for writing. Basics of solid exposition will be covered — punctuation, grammar, diction — as well as development of style.
If students are planning on applying to TJ or a private school, this workshop is ideal for getting them ready for personal essays. Target ages: 7th to 10th grade.
Three options for camp:
- June 26 – 30, 10am to 1pm (Wednesday class is 12-3pm).
- July 17-21, 10am to 1pm.
- July 31-August 4, 10am to 1pm.
$350 for one week (15 hours).
If you would like to take more than one week, please call/text Mrs. Colglazier in advance at 703-628-2348
Inspiring Test Preparation 1307 Dolley Madison Blvd. Suite 4B McLean, VA 22101