Wow. What a crazy year it has been.
We started the new year moving from our McLean, VA office to a new location in Vienna, VA. We were so excited to be in a new space near so many of our clients; it was such a promising beginning . . . then Covid hit. Bam! We went from 60 to 0 over night. Students’ SAT and ACT test dates were cancelled, we were locked down (eventually closing our office) and all we could safely do was go online to tutor. Even though we have tutored remotely in the past with great results, we weren’t sure if our success would hold up under large numbers of students. By June we were getting pretty busy and this is the first chance to catch our breath and assess our results. If you haven’t reported your scores, we would love to hear from you.
The following are profiles of students and their results:
- BZ, ’21, prepped in the spring before covid. Raised scores 170 pts to a super score of 790v 780m.
- CJ ’22 took a couple of lessons online and raised scores 80 pts to 790v 800m.
- GC ’22 started at 590v 650m raised scores 210 pts. to 700v 750m. Only half way through online flex prep – plans to retest in spring.
- KC’21 took flex prep online and raised scores from 1270 to 1430 (160 pt. gain.)
- MS’21 took summer flex prep online and got 220 pt gain for a 1490 combined.
- MP’21 raised scores 130 pts to 1560.
- OJ’21 went from 630v 530m to 650v 680m (170 gain) plans to retest.
- RH’21 raised scores 150 pts from 570v560m to 610v 670m.
- AS’21 prepped in person. Started at 450v 380m scored 510v 490m on Sept SAT. Gain: 170.
- SR ’21 prepped in person. Started at 990, scored 1120, gained 130.
- SM’22 online went from 1180 to 1360 for a 180 pt. gain.
- TB’21 online scored a 1570 for a 130 pt. gain.
- TJ’21 started at 750v 720m, scored a 790v760m (80 pt. gain).
- VJ ’21 560v 640m to 670v 710m; 180 pt. gain.
- VP’21 went up 190 pts to a 590v 530m. Plans to retest.
- MZ’22 with online flex prep raised composite scores from 27 to 30. Last four practice tests were 34 so advised to retest.
- BA’22 took online summer flex prep and raised her composite from 30 to 34.
- FA’21 took prep in person last year starting with a 21 composite, took a test Dec 19 and got a 25, and retested in Oct’20 scoring a 31 composite. That’s a 10 pt. gain. Persistence pays off.
- MR’22 took prep in person got a 70 pt. gain for a 1330. Best practice was 1460, so we recommend retest.
- FQ’21 took prep in person and got a 260 pt. gain raising scores to 1390.
- AA’21 worked really hard to raise a 21 to a 28 in practice. She scored 23 on the fall ACT and plans to retest.
- HD’22 raised scores 80 pts. to a 1510 after 2,5 hours of online prep.
- SS’21 started with a 31 ACT and raised her score to 35. (4 pt. gain.)
- NN’22 was unhappy with scores and would not report or respond to our follow up calls.
- WA’21 raised his scores with flex prep going from a 27 to a 34, then a 35 the next month. He really put in the hours for a 8 pt. gain.
- VM’22 reports he got a 34 composite on his Oct ’20 ACT, up from a 30 composite on his diagnostic test.
- Just heard from online prepper GC ’22 today, November 20,2020. He got a 750v800m. His PSAT last year was a 590v650m. Pretty impressive improvement.
Curious how we can help? Click the link to set up a free consultation.